Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's winter so you know what that means....

Gloves, gloves, gloves and more gloves.....oh and some hats too.  So we've been pretty busy with a rush order that seemed to have come out of nowhere.  It all started with a simple pair of black fingerless gloves worn to Bingo night by my sister's mother in law.  Funny enough we both attempted the same pair of mittens at differnet times but the whole finger part was too frustrating for us.  While I decided to give up on gloves altogether lol, my sister, not to be deterred did end up finding a pattern.  (Don't worry fellow crocheters, all pattern links will be at the bottom of this post in case you want to make your own).  Turns out I actually loved making these so I helped her with her orders, even followed her links to make other sizes and made some for a little girl I know.

 
Think we ended up having to make about ten pairs so far, with still more coming in.  Not bad for just starting out.  Then came the hats.  Soooooooo this is all about a learning process aannnddd well I'm learning that some customers can be very ummm specific about what they want.  They all wanted to be sports themed so we picked up some appliques and got to stitchin.  





We still have some orders of hats and gloves popping up but next up will be other projects.  Well at least I know which projects I have in mind.  Main thing I keep in mind though is that this is all a learning process so if we hit some bumps along the way so be it, as long as we learn from them.


Patterns used in this blog post:

No comments:

Post a Comment